Jun 15, 2019
Motherboard: z170x Gaming 5
GPU: gtx 1050ti Mini
CPU: Intel i5 7600
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16gb (4x4 Gb) DDR4 2666Mhz
Power Supply: Corsair Vs650 (650 watt)
Bios Version: f22f (Latest update)

Hello!
I recently rebuilt my entire pc after getting a new motherboard which didn't work but I thought it was the components, 3 motherboards later I finally got it up and running, Sort of. Everything works and gets noticed and recognised apart from the GPU.
Things I have tried:
-Switching PCIe Slots (I have 3)
-Cmos reset
-Windows reset
-Updating windows
- reinstalling Windows
-Plugging hdmi into Motherboard and GPU (Plugging it into the GPU causes a black screen and no start up)
-Changing bios settings to start on dedicated PCIe slot
-Turning off integrated graphics in bios
-Downloading drivers for it (gives me errors saying it needs a Nvidia GPU to install on Nvidia driver installer and geforce experience because my system can't detect it no matter what.)
-Installed all driver updates for motherboard off gigabyte website

But nothing. I contacted Gigabyte as I thought it was a motherboard problem as the GPU worked fine with nothing wrong with it on my old motherboard which has now blown up since and is unusable. They waited 7 days to tell me they needed more info. Another 4 days "try update windows" Which it was fully updated to my understanding (1903) I replied saying it was no success another 3 days pass "try updating windows" So I gave up and thought id make a post somewhere.
My old graphics card (gtx 1050) gives me a black screen unless I change the bios to start up from IGFX then it starts up and recognises my old gtx 1050 but doesn't work It lets me install drivers for it from Nvidia website and use geforce experience but it has a error triangle next to it in device manager and doesn't actually work in games. If I try to install drivers for my gtx 1050ti from Nvidia website then it gives me errors saying it needs a Nvidia gpu for it to install. So clearly it isn't recognising it at all (not to mention it was never in device manager or anything like that, it isn't mentioned anywhere on my pc)

Sorry to give so much information I have been trying to fix this for 2 months now with no success so I thought giving the most detail possible might have a better chance of cracking down on this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Luke x

P.s Im still new to the whole computer thing so sorry of anything is wrong.

Last edited:
Solution
Update: Its working! I brought a gtx 1060 6gb instead. This one had a 6pin connecter on it unlike my 1050ti, not sure if that's what it needed or if the graphics card was just faulty but its working now!
Jun 15, 2019
Update: Its working! I brought a gtx 1060 6gb instead. This one had a 6pin connecter on it unlike my 1050ti, not sure if that's what it needed or if the graphics card was just faulty but its working now!

Solution