Question Computer case fan stopped spinning and shaking forward/backwards, weird problem

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hello, my new computer (2-3 months old) have 3 fans on the case to cool down the inside, however I noticed just seconds ago one of them is stopped spinning but "shaking" in forwards and backwards in same style, anyone knows what is this and what causing it? I never got such issue before, the "issue" is fixed when I complete shut down and start my computer, direct reboot did not work. Is this related my BIOS? should I look for updates (AMD System Updates) via Windows Update? This can happen on my CPU fan as well in future? if yes this can be dangerous. During start boot I did not get any boot related error messages, it just booted like normally. My specs down below:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six Core
AMD B450-K PRIME motherboard
GTX 1660 GPU (not super or ti)
HWinfo says BIOS date:10 15 2019 BIOS version: 1823

What should I do to fix this issue? (There is no cables around in the pc case, this 3 fans on front panel and middle one is the problem

Thanks in advance

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
the fan might not be secured if it rattles like that. the speed of the fans can be controlled in bios so you could try to change the settings there. if you feel secure opening the computer up you could try to tighten the screws on the fan.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I keep that in mind for future problems with the mentioned fan if happens again, I also have a remote to change speed of the all fans on front but they are already in lowest setting possible,

If any of you have more ideas or solutions about this, feel free to let me know, thanks

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
reseating or changing the fan would probably solve the issue its possible there is a problem with the fan. do i get it right that you got 3 fans in the front and this is the middle one causing the problem?