Computer Components, Cooling And Looks.

Mads Haugaard

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
Hey im 14 years old, and im really into building computers. I really like building and messing around with them. But i really need some advice before "Taking it a step Further."

What i wanna reach the point where its starts to get "Unnecessary." To upgrade my Rig even more.

What my Expectations are, is that i can play games without thinking about if i can run it or something like that. But included that i would realy enjoy having a "Nice Looking/Clean build" PC because.. Mabye im a llitle bit a "Show-off guy, And im sorry for that". But where should i start? I already bought and built the most of it but i still dont have that felling yet?.

So mabye i could also get into Overclocking my system. I know its not good for the lifetime but i think it could be "Worth-it" So i will just type everything that ive got (Including my gear)

Also, if someone can recommend me a good monitor that will support Display-port and alot of stuff (Of cause Full HD. A monitor that really is comfortable and is not Damn expensive.

A good PC Case.. A nice looking case wich will look good with Blue or Green LED/UV Light
A case that can give a good amount of air-flow

Any good CPU coolers (Water cooled .. Not custom loop) With Dual or single rad.

And some nice High performance fans for the case.

My Hardware and Gear:

-System.

-Intel Core I7-5820K (3,3ghz) With Noctua NH-U9S CPU cooler (Under 90% load about 60-75.C)
-MSI X99S SLI PLUS, Socket-2011-3
-Crucial DDR4 Ballistix 2400MHz 4GBx4 16 Gbddr4 total.
-EVGA Geforce GTX 980 4Gbddr5 VRam Ref-model (still waiting for shipping )
-Energon Inter-Tech 1000W PSU (EXTREME LOW END.. I need to get a new one ASAP.)
-Zalman Z11+ Case
-Current Fan specs:
-1 Blue-LED 120mm at front. 1 120mm Blue-LED at top and 1 120 stock fan at the rear
-Windows 8.1 Standard (Do i need a PRO version?)
-Seagate 1TB HDD 7200rpm
-Kingston SSDNOW V300 120Gb

-Gaming Gear: ( Im a Razer guy..)

-Razer Blackshark 5.1 Headphones
-Razer DeathStalker Keyboard
-Razer Tiapan (sucky mouse to be honest )

Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster S300 LED 24-inch (Too dark and too slow Hz )

Thanks you so much for reading this post, sorry if i took too much of your time and NO im am rich so cant efford too much more on my pc. SO the stuff needs to be in price.

Sorry for making this Post cheap and sorry for bad gramming. My point is pretty simpel what can i do to make my gaming experience better?. Should i get a Gaming chair or a new desk to increase comfort?. Im realy unsure and thats why i made this post Here on TomsHardwareUk cause people are very detailed and very kind when it comes to questions.

Ive made about 5 posts on Toms Hardware recently and im very sorry to keep asking questions i dont know if its just spam i make? i dont know but thx anyway for all the good and detailed answers.

Mads Haugaard-

Solution
Hi there,

Not to worry about your grammar :)

In terms of the case I will suggest a Mid tower ATX case that I personally like. This case is the Corsair 450D; it has A LOT of airflow and you can put a max of 9 120mm fans (mind you the case comes with 1 120mm fan and 2 140mm fans). It looks great, it has detachable dust filters and it has a side window that allows you look at your components inside the case. It should fit with the LEDs you want to add inside the case.

This case supports Corsair's water cooling solutions, such as the popular Corsair H100i.

As mentioned before I recommend you to buy the Corsair H100i, it performs well, with dual radiators and fits perfectly into the Corsair 450D case.

In terms of the fans, I'm unsure...

Alectfenrir

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
Hi there,

Not to worry about your grammar :)

In terms of the case I will suggest a Mid tower ATX case that I personally like. This case is the Corsair 450D; it has A LOT of airflow and you can put a max of 9 120mm fans (mind you the case comes with 1 120mm fan and 2 140mm fans). It looks great, it has detachable dust filters and it has a side window that allows you look at your components inside the case. It should fit with the LEDs you want to add inside the case.

This case supports Corsair's water cooling solutions, such as the popular Corsair H100i.

As mentioned before I recommend you to buy the Corsair H100i, it performs well, with dual radiators and fits perfectly into the Corsair 450D case.

In terms of the fans, I'm unsure about it.

P.S all these parts you said in your post, do you already have them, or have you yet to order it?

Solution

Mads Haugaard

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014

Well i have all but not the GPU Yet. and ty for answering... Ive been looking a bit on the 450D and it looks good to me but kinda alot of Mesh in front if you know what i mean?.. I was thinking some thing similar to the NZXT H440 Red edtion or something.
BUT do i need to fill the rads with Water or does it comes pre-filled?.. Im realy not sure but also do i need to clean it over time?

Alectfenrir

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
It comes pre-filled, no regular maintenance or refilling of water is needed since its a closed loop water cooler.

Just a warning though; if you happen to buy the H100i, do NOT remove the plastic from the metal backplate of the cooling unit, it acts as an insulation. I made this mistake, but thankfully my motherboard has a backplate insulation to prevent shortages.