Question Computer crashes on boot after installing Windows 10.

Nov 19, 2019
Recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

This was where the issue began.

Upon turning on my computer, the loading/spinning dots will stop in the Asrock BIOS screen.

After a few seconds, the computer suddenly powers off completely.

Never had this issue with Windows 8.1, never had this issue with Windows 7.

Computer specs;
CPU: i7 2700k
MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
GPU 1: AMD R9 390X
GPU 2: AMD R9 270X
RAM: 24gb total, 28+24
SSD 1: 120gb - OS and driver only storage.
SSD 2: 500gb - importan storage.
HDD 1: General storage.
PSU: TX950W Corsair
Monitor: 4 monitors. 3 generic, 1 Freesync 144hz monitor.

Can boot to safe mode.
After removing GPUs, computer will boot smoothly to integrated motherboard graphics.
After removing all drivers using DDU, computer will boot smoothly with GPUs installed but will fail to restart after drivers are installed.

Advice and solutions to my setup is appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't mix and match rams. Either have 2x8GB's or 2x4GB's or have all slots populated with 4x8GB sticks. Are they all from the same brand even?

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? To add, did you upgrade the OS as in, reinstalled the OS afresh after creating a bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Nov 19, 2019
You shouldn't mix and match rams. Either have 2x8GB's or 2x4GB's or have all slots populated with 4x8GB sticks. Are they all from the same brand even?

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? To add, did you upgrade the OS as in, reinstalled the OS afresh after creating a bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?
They’re the same brand, same speed/timing. And slotted in the correct configuration according to the motherboard.

All 4 sticks are Corsair Vengeance and I checked the MHz before I upgraded them several years ago.

BIOS version 2.90

First installation was just an upgrade which had some issues.

Second installation was a full fresh install with the SSD being completely formatted and freshly installed with a WMCT usb with windows 10.

That sounds like some PSU protection kicking in.
Why do you need 2 graphics cards? Try with single graphics card instead.
Same issue even with one graphics card, one or the other.

Secondary graphics card is a boost and used to plug in further two monitors.

It’s strange that I never had this issue with Windows 8.1

Does Windows 10 have some sort of alternative PSU cycle?

Nov 19, 2019
Just installed a new PSU to check if the PSU is the issue.

Same issue, crashes on boot during spin up.

Sometimes a fluke fix can be achieved by clearing CMOS or restarting after booting into system repair but this never lasts and is only an isolated and one time fix.