Question Computer crashes randomly and the fans ramp up really loud ?

Brownie93

Reputable
Jun 29, 2020
I have a friend that is running into this strange issue where his PC will randomly crash, no blue screen or anything it just goes off and it sounds like the fans on his PC just start ramping up. When looking online I saw this could be related to the power supply. I've asked him so far to plug the computer into a wall plug as I thought maybe a extension lead could be causing issues. I'm more wondering is it the PSU or the GPU.
The PSU is a Corsair 750 watt and the GPU is a 3060, not sure on the exact brands but can find out.

Searching online we also found something regarding xbox game bar could be causing it to crash but stopping that made no differeces. He has unstainlled the GPU driver with DDU, and he's also reset Windows.

Does anyone know if this could be the PSU or any idea what it is ?

Lutfij

Titan
The PSU is a Corsair 750 watt and the GPU is a 3060
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and what is it's age? If you had the unit for a while, what did it power prior to the RTX3060?

In fact, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I have a friend that is running into this strange issue where his PC will randomly crash, no blue screen or anything it just goes off and it sounds like the fans on his PC just start ramping up. When looking online I saw this could be related to the power supply. I've asked him so far to plug the computer into a wall plug as I thought maybe a extension lead could be causing issues. I'm more wondering is it the PSU or the GPU.
The PSU is a Corsair 750 watt and the GPU is a 3060, not sure on the exact brands but can find out.

Searching online we also found something regarding xbox game bar could be causing it to crash but stopping that made no differeces. He has unstainlled the GPU driver with DDU, and he's also reset Windows.

Does anyone know if this could be the PSU or any idea what it is ?
I wonder if the fans are ramping up because of a rise in temperature at the time the problem occurs. You can install a utility like HWMonitor to view the temps while running.

TRENDING THREADS