Question Laptop screen flashes when plugged in or unplugged initially

TombFlower

Reputable
Jun 10, 2020
Hello! I have a MSI - Summit E16 Flip A12U 16" Touch-Screen 2-in-1 Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16 GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 - 512 GB - windows 11
I've googled a bunch about this issue but can't seem to find a solid answer on what I'm looking for. So I've tried to turn power saving off/other battery saving settings but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I've learned my refresh rate switches from 165 hz to 60 hz anytime the computer is plugged in then unplugged to charge or stop charging. I've also tried recalibrating my battery, manually switching the hz, as said having power saving off, going through msi battery settings which THOSE I cannot turn off...

TLDR: Should I even be worried? at the end of the day Im just worried if something is wrong with my laptop or if this is 100% normal

Ralston18

Titan
Barring other information or details I would not be concerned.

Any changes to the video configuration are likely to cause some sort of screen flicker as the system goes from one configuration to another.

One thing to do is avoid the need to unplug and plug while working. Plan ahead if at all possible so the laptop can be used unplugged without needing an interim charge.

That said: what is meant by "going through msi battery settings which THOSE I cannot turn off..."

Are you able to take some screen shots showing those settings?

If so, post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Explain what you do or try to do and what happens.....