Question Computer crashes whenever I click on my second monitor

Jwalkaflocka3

Honorable
Jan 28, 2016
Hi there!

So basically what I have been noticing recently is that if I am using one of my monitors for an extended amount of time, and solely interacting with things on that monitor, after a while has passed when I click on my second monitor to interact with something the computer just freaks out and everything freezes on the screen. Audio tends to keep running for about 10-15 seconds before it all stops and I have to hard reboot. That pattern is the only thing I can really say about what I have noticed with it, wondering if this sounds like something specific someone is maybe aware of?

Any help is much appreciated. <3

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Very strange issue, no not heard of this one.

What graphics card are you using? If crashes happen when updating second monitor then that points to some issue with the graphics card.

what version of windows is it, how much RAM is in the system, what are the resolutions of the monitors and how are they connected (HDMI, DVI, VGA?)

Jwalkaflocka3

Honorable
Jan 28, 2016
Very strange issue, no not heard of this one.

What graphics card are you using? If crashes happen when updating second monitor then that points to some issue with the graphics card.

what version of windows is it, how much RAM is in the system, what are the resolutions of the monitors and how are they connected (HDMI, DVI, VGA?)

So im currently using an MSI GTX1080 Gaming X.

Im using Windows 10 Home version : 10.0.19044 Build 19044

As far as ram goes im using 16GB of 2400MHZ DDR4 running in dual channel.

My main monitor is a 1440p resolution connected via DisplayPort, the second monitor is 1080p being connected via HDMI.

Let me know if you want any other info !