• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Computer doesn't output any signal outside of Windows itself

davidvanherteryck

Prominent
Aug 22, 2018
Hello!
I have a HP 285 G3. The computer works, however, it doesn't display a single thing outside od windows 10 itself. I've never been able to get into the bios, can't boot from a usb, Can't advanced restart into the bios either, I can't see anyhting except for windows itself which is a bit of a pain when trying to troubleshoot/fix some issues. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Because I really can't fix it and it's driving me crazy.
Kind regards

Hello!
I have a HP 285 G3. The computer works, however, it doesn't display a single thing outside od windows 10 itself. I've never been able to get into the bios, can't boot from a usb, Can't advanced restart into the bios either, I can't see anyhting except for windows itself which is a bit of a pain when trying to troubleshoot/fix some issues. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Because I really can't fix it and it's driving me crazy.
Kind regards
Does the monitor show it's getting a signal? If so...it may be having a hard time with the BIOS resolution and I would try a different display. If there's no signal...I'm stumped.

onespeedbiker

Estimable
Apr 13, 2019
In the link I sent you, click on Open Microsoft Store. At the top of the resulting Window will be a black banner across labeled Switch out of S-Mode. If your computer is not in S-Mode it will say Your device is not running in S mode near the bottom of the black banner

davidvanherteryck

Prominent
Aug 22, 2018
In the link I sent you, click on Open Microsoft Store. At the top of the resulting Window will be a black banner across labeled Switch out of S-Mode. If your computer is not in S-Mode it will say Your device is not running in S mode near the bottom of the black banner
Thank you for your reply, I will make sure to try this later this evening when I'm near my computer! Really hope this works :)

Dec 4, 2019
Hello!
Kind regards
I don't know if this helps, or if this is even the case for you, but I have seen several models of PC's that do that only when using HDMI for video... are you using HDMI? If so, can you swap to a VGA cable? Or DVI cable if you have an addon card that uses that? Some PC's and laptops output to HDMI always but I have seen several that only output HDMI once windows is loaded and the drivers are up and running. It is very annoying indeed.

Hope that helps! Let me know, thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS