[SOLVED] Computer fans turning on but nothing else working

aBluescreen

Commendable
Dec 10, 2019
About 2 weeks ago I finished building my new computer and it’s been working great. However, today when I try to turn it on it will briefly start running (couple seconds), then it restarts with only fans running and nothing else working (to clarify nothing is working before the restart either). Monitors aren’t receiving input, keyboard and mouse lights aren’t turning on, and holding the power button to force turn off does nothing so an have to turn it off at the power supply and I do hear the horrible sound it makes when you do that through my headphones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
  • AGT 1000 W PSU
  • Ryzen 5 5600X (haven’t overclocked)
  • MSI Ventus 3080 (haven’t overclocked)
  • B550 Gaming X V2 Motherboard
  • 4x8 GB 2133mhz RAM (2 of the sticks I took from my old build)
  • Can provide anything that I left out

Solution
4x8 GB 2133mhz RAM (2 of the sticks I took from my old build)
Might want to parse a link to the two ram kits used in your build. You could parse the info seen on the side of the ram sticks.

As for your platform, might want to try and remove the innards, breadboard it and see if you're able to POST with a single stick of ram on the motherboard. You could try and source a donor PSU with at least 850W of power to the entire system, to rule out your PSU being the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to parse a link to the two ram kits used in your build. You could parse the info seen on the side of the ram sticks.

As for your platform, might want to try and remove the innards, breadboard it and see if you're able to POST with a single stick of ram on the motherboard. You could try and source a donor PSU with at least 850W of power to the entire system, to rule out your PSU being the issue.

Solution

aBluescreen

Commendable
Dec 10, 2019
To make sure I’m on the same page, parsing the info seen on the two ram kits means that I should be specifically taking which information for them?

Referring to the “innards,” what should I be removing for that?

Lastly, does breadboarding it mean that after I remove the innards, I test to see if it’ll POST using only one of the new sticks of ram instead of all 4?

I have a spare 750 W psu from my old build although I assume that wouldn’t meet the minimum wattage for my current build.

aBluescreen

Commendable
Dec 10, 2019

Nevermind I think I know what’s wrong, I somehow managed to buy the wrong clock speed to match the old RAM kit. 3200 old 2133 new. Would this have damaged my PC at all considering I’ve been running it for a week now.

aBluescreen

Commendable
Dec 10, 2019
Nevermind I think I know what’s wrong, I somehow managed to buy the wrong clock speed to match the old RAM kit. 3200 old 2133 new. Would this have damaged my PC at all considering I’ve been running it for a week now.
Using the old ram and it works perfectly fine now. Thanks for helping me realize my obvious mistake.

TRENDING THREADS