Hello
I have windows 10 family edition
A Asus ROG G551J
Gaming notebook
With a GeForce GTX 860M graphics card,
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @2.50 GHz processor,
8,00 Go of RAM (7,89 Go usable ),
1920x1080, 60Hz resolution and the version 358.91 of the NVIDIA pilot

I was playing a video game (skyrim) when the screen froze and a buzzing sound came from my speaker ( I think its the speaker because when I did it again on headset it came through the headset). When it freezes or gives me a black screen all I can do is push the power button to turn it off. When I start it up again after, it gives me no error messages, nothing, just works as always. But it keeps crashing with any of my games. It used to crash after like 10 or 15min. Now its like after 1 min of gameplay. I tried reinstalling the game, updating the NVIDIA pilot, and just playing a relatively low performance game like Lego star wars. My laptop is like 5 months old. I don't know if the problem is related to soft or hardware. I would like to know what the problem is, and maybe even a fix.
I have seen many similar posts on forums and I saw very divers answers, and most I didn't understand what they ment when they suggested fixes.
I have heard that others have the problem while watching videos. I watched a dvd just fine, and for a different unrelated reason I can't watch stuff on the internet so I can't test if it works or no.
If anyone has the same problem or has a fix or knows what is going on, I would be very thankful.

boodaddy

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015

GeForce just updated drivers for your graphics card 2 days ago, so I would start there. You will need to know if you have 32 or 64 bit Windows.

Here is the 64 Bit Windows 10 Driver
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/358.91/358.91-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Here is the 32 Bit Windows 10 Driver
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/358.91/358.91-notebook-win10-32bit-international-whql.exe

Try updating the driver, and see if that helps fix the problem.

Timo__

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015

I tried doing that, it still crashes.. :??: (it's a 64bit computer)

Timo__

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
I just got a message ( notification) that the driver ( the one I updated) didn't respond and was recuperated. My laptop is in French so I tried to translate that.
I don't know what that means but maybe it helps to understand what my problem is.

TRENDING THREADS