Question Computer freezes completely after a couple minutes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 22, 2020
I’m a complete computer noob, but wanted to upgrade my gaming computer. Just upgraded my CPU to i9900k with a dark rock pro 4 cooler.

My computer randomly freezes after a couple minutes. Never freezes in safe mode. When I start up Fortnite, i’m able to play a full game and Doesnt freeze at all. When I try to launch modern warfare: Warzone, then my whole computer freezes. When I launch my browser and try to browse the web, my whole computer freezes. I’m so lost on what to do =(

Just played 23 minutes of fortnite. Logged off and went onto YouTube for less than a minute and my whole computer froze.

Also just instantly booted Modern Warfare:Warzone and i’m still playing after 25 minutes with no PC freezes. Although Update now, It now completely freezes after 1 or 2 full gamesof Warzone. Haven’t got to play 3 games in a row yet without it completely freezing.

Seasonic gold plus 750w PSU
Geforce gtx 1060 graphics card(waiting for rtx 2070 super in the mail)
Dark rock pro 4 cooler

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020
These errors seem to say this is a driver problem. I an not familiar with User-mode drivers myself, so i can't help with how to fix this problem.

You said you changed the PSU as well as the CPU. Is the new power supply a good quality?
I put my old processor back in and everything works absolutely no freezing yet after 30 minutes of browsing when it would freeze after a couple minutes. I have no idea what was wrong =( i’m just going to start from scratch and buy a whole new motherboard and case lol