Computer freezes randomly no blue screen and sound out

Agustin9

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015
Hi! I have a windows 8 64 bit system that seems to freeze randomly with no BSOD and dumps... Ive tested the ram with memtest and no errors, also the ssd with no errors. When the pc crashe I hear a strange noise from the speaker and i can do anything! I have to restar with the button.
i have all drivers updated.

In the event log i can see this error:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 with event id 11.

maybe i have the problem with the disk...

My pc hard:

- MSI AMD Radeon R9 280
- GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 3.0)
- AMD FX 8350, 8core
- hyper fx 8gb ddr3
- WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0

PLEASE HELP! :)

Solution
The buzzing that you hear is most likely a looped sound normally caused by a crashed graphics driver trying to recover. Try updating your graphics drivers, the R9 280 should have came with its own install CD, so you should probably use a driver removal tool like Driver Sweep to remove the driver, then reinstall it from the CD.

MrTuRtLe03

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
The buzzing that you hear is most likely a looped sound normally caused by a crashed graphics driver trying to recover. Try updating your graphics drivers, the R9 280 should have came with its own install CD, so you should probably use a driver removal tool like Driver Sweep to remove the driver, then reinstall it from the CD.

Solution