Question Computer Freezes when Stressed

Dec 7, 2019
My computer used to have cooling issues, which would cause it to automatically shut down. I replaced the fan based system with a water cooler and the temps dropped drastically, as expected. However, now my computer simply freezes during games or intensive software like game development (Unreal). Temps have stayed low, all my specs should be plenty sufficient. Stress tests indicate my GPU is fine, 2x4 GB DDR3 ram should have no problem running this things, etc. My last thought is power supply, which is 500W but is my last resort. Any thoughts?

Edit: My apologies to all, here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Micro-ATX FM2+
Ram: 2x4GB DDR3 (Ballistix brand)
SSD/HDD: SSD 1TB WD Blue
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
PSU: 500W EVGA (approx. 4 years old)
Chassis: Thermaltake Versa H22

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
"...all my specs should be plenty sufficient."
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also 500W is an indication of it's advertised wattage, it does not indicate the quality of the PSU which is why we ask for the make and model. Include the age of the PSU as well.

Dec 7, 2019
"...all my specs should be plenty sufficient."
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also 500W is an indication of it's advertised wattage, it does not indicate the quality of the PSU which is why we ask for the make and model. Include the age of the PSU as well.
Very sorry, I have updated my post.