Computer freezes when trying to load intensive games

Jan 11, 2018
I was playing some games (vampyr) and I was getting some high temps (68c°) and well you guys may say that's normal I just knew I could get better specially since my card is already 4 years old or so (Asus GTX 750 ti 2 gb of edition) I decided it's time to clean and replace the thermal paste from the GPU, so I saw a video and noticed that it wasn't difficult to manage , I used alcohol 90% not the one everyone suggest because I didn't have it, cleaned it up and then applied a long rice looking thermal paste from my after market cpu cooler , cooler master.
Assembled it back, when back to the game it was working fine temps even lowered like 10° less so it wasn't a waste of time ..or so I thought.. I quit the game for a break when I got back and decided to load it again and on the loading section the game froze and so did the pc so I had to force reset the pc and it's been like this since then it always happen the same thing even with ni no Kuni 2, so I used ddu and reinstalled my gpu driver with the one I used before updating my driver's for this game, and it was working fine (with no no Kuni 2) but then I restarted the pc and the issue came back.

Whats going on? Did I broke my gpu ?
I'm not getting any blue screen of death nor error messages that I can visually tell, no artifacts either, help please.

Jan 11, 2018
Steam, both games I was gonna test it on star wars battlefront ea but decided why bother I already tested two games and same result, for example I just reinstalled my gpu driver again this time not using ddu and ni no kuni 2 works fine no pc freeze but I'm sure if I restart I'm gonna suffer the problem once again.