Question Computer freezes while rendering any MP4 video ?

Jun 11, 2024
Hi, I made this account new to try and find a solution to this.

For a good while now, my PC cannot seem to render any MP4 video without freezing completely. As in, I need to force a shutdown. It sometimes also does that during a couple games, like Slime Rancher 2 and Baldur's Gate 3. It didn't used to be this bad, but I really need to figure this out.

When I try to render an MP4 video, I am using Adobe After Effects and recently tried Adobe Media Encoder (Sometimes the PC also froze during video editing), it only gets maybe a minute-ish in before freezing. I have a video of it actually. It did manage to render an AVI video but the audio was so out of sync it was ridiculous that the video run time ended up doubling.

Please help me, I want to fix this.

PC Specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 22H2
OS Build: 19045.4412

The Temps range between 39-42 degrees

[[VIDEO LINK ON GOOGLE DRIVE]]

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2024
what the storage?
brand and model of the psu?
windows is legit?
Drive C: 232 GB (45.4 GB free)
Drive D: 931 GB (466 GB free)

I... don't know what the brand and model of the PSU is, I can't find any stickers or anything. The Windows is legit though, since it keeps trying to get me to update it.

Jun 11, 2024
Your system isn't stable.
I would return the ram to standard speed and test at this setting. When this is stable then you can try the lowest XMP setting and see if that is stable.
Return the ram speed... How do I do that? I don't want to accidentally mess something up