[SOLVED] Computer freezes while trying to boot to Usb with Windows Installer

Feb 7, 2018
I just built a new pc everything works fine it gets into bios and I created a windows usb stick to boot from however i set the boot priority to the USB stick first and then my hdd second, and even unplugged my hdd after saving changes. However it shows a Msi mag dragon for a second then freezes. I have a B550 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 7 5800x (i updated the bios already), 970 Evo and 2tb Hdd. If i’m missing anything just ask me i can tell you what you need, thanks

Solution
Actually in think it’s fixed i just waited a bit longer at the “freeze” and it loaded the windows start up, it’s still weird that before it does it it shows a distortion at the bottom of the screen, thanks though
USB is much slower than SSD/HDD, such delays are normal, have to be patient.
As far distortion is concerned, during boot from installation disk/USB windows have to look at HW and find drivers for it so most probably that didn't happen yet at that stage.
I just built a new pc everything works fine it gets into bios and I created a windows usb stick to boot from however i set the boot priority to the USB stick first and then my hdd second, and even unplugged my hdd after saving changes. However it shows a Msi mag dragon for a second then freezes. I have a B550 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 7 5800x (i updated the bios already), 970 Evo and 2tb Hdd. If i’m missing anything just ask me i can tell you what you need, thanks
latest Windows 10 I presume, made using MCT (Media Creation Tool) from Microsoft ?

Actually in think it’s fixed i just waited a bit longer at the “freeze” and it loaded the windows start up, it’s still weird that before it does it it shows a distortion at the bottom of the screen, thanks though
USB is much slower than SSD/HDD, such delays are normal, have to be patient.
As far distortion is concerned, during boot from installation disk/USB windows have to look at HW and find drivers for it so most probably that didn't happen yet at that stage.

Solution