Computer freezes with loud buzzing sound from speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiao101207

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Hello fellow members of Tom's Hardware!

Sorry if this is it the wrong section, but I have read so many other posts about this problem, but none have solved my problem. When I play games like BFBC2, Batlefield Play4Free, even FSX, my computer just freezes with no BSOD, no error messages, just the last frame on the screen with a very loud, annoying buzzing sound. It's getting very annoying and happens very commonly, but only in game. I have ran memtest86+, no errors on that, purchased better cooling for my CPU, new graphics card, nothing works! :fou: Anyone have answers to why its happening? Anything appreciated! :D I'm getting desperate............

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 870 @ 3.2 GHz
GFX: HIS Radon HD 6870
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
RAM: 2x Corsair XMS 3 8GB DDR3, 2x OCZ Gold 4GB DDR3
SSD: 64GB AData Microcenter Rebranded
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W
Cooling: Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler

Solution
That's all I have I am afraid. You may want to consider buying a second hand board that is compatible with your processor. It doesn't really matter what brand. Even a very basic board will do. Then you can run a test set up to see if your various components behave with the second board. If they all go well then you can put the issue down to Motherboard problems. I am as a certain as I can be that it is the board but of course I cant confirm that 100 %

tiao101207

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Ok, I just check I have the latest SSD Firmware, and after turning off Powerplay, computer still crashed. Idk what to do now, besides considering defective mobo, or processor.

padkor

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Realtek ALC892 is your problem. If you disable the Realtek ALC892 sound and use USB headphones or another sound card you will be OK.
Thought the latest drivers from Realtek might fix this, but no.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Dude I reckon it is the motherboard. The reason why I say this is I now recall I was running the same board as you are. Mine would lose the boot order on the drive and restart for no reason. I changed the board and so far so good though I don't use that system very much. So I believe it is one of two things.

1) Your board is faulty like mine was

2) I believe the Marvell SATA 3 Ports share the PCI Express lanes with the GPU. I discovered this when I observed my 560 Ti was running at PCI x 8. If you have the SSD on the Marvell Controller as opposed to the Intel SATA controller then some kind of conflict with the GPU may be occurring causing the system to hang. This would explain why it only happens when you are gaming.

So with this in mind try switching the SSD to the Intel Controller if it is not on there already. If it is perhaps try switching to the Marvel Controller to eliminate the Intel Controller from the equation.

If still no good RMA the board. I wont buy Gigabyte now I have had to many problems and know other people who have had similar problems. They always seem to be related to the Southbridge and cause issues with HDD's and SSD's.

tiao101207

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Ok, computer is still crashing after changing to the Intel Controller. I might buy a new motherboard and a processor, but I'm going to see if there is anything else I can do. Any more ideas or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.