[SOLVED] Computer freezing while rendering

Arun Rajan

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
HI,
My computer is freezing while rendering (Blender & Cinema 4d) and only a force restart is the option. The CPU temp varies from 60-85 and max temp reached was 91degrees. GPU temp is 63. System freeze happened after almost 30 mins of rendering. The CPU load varies from 0-100% almost all the time from the beginning. No clue why this is happening and any help is appreciated. Thank You
Spec
Processor: i9 10th generation
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Super 8GB
RAM: 32 GB RAM
Motherboard: MSI Z490A PRO

Solution
HI,
My computer is freezing while rendering (Blender & Cinema 4d) and only a force restart is the option. The CPU temp varies from 60-85 and max temp reached was 91degrees. GPU temp is 63. System freeze happened after almost 30 mins of rendering. The CPU load varies from 0-100% almost all the time from the beginning. No clue why this is happening and any help is appreciated. Thank You
Spec
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 20 on yours, also when it...
HI,
Spec
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 20 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall Chipset Driver and ME Driver (Intel LPC Controller and Intel Management Engine) in device manager (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable Intel Platform Trust Technology (Intel PTT) and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to this latest bios (this one have the latest ME firmware), then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install this latest Chipset driver and ME Driver and reboot.

• Install the latest gpu driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
Last but not least, i think you need to do some work on the cooling..

Last edited:
Solution