Computer goes straight into power saving mode

krilla95

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
When I turn on my computer, 80% of the time it will go into power saving mode on my monitor. I have to constantly hold down the power button to shut down the computer and then turn it back on for it work. Sometimes it will only take 1-2 tries to get my monitor to turn on, sometimes it will take over 10. What I observed is that when I see my mouse scroll wheel not lighting up, I know that my monitor will give me the power saving mode error, however, when the mouse wheel light turns on after turning on the PC, that lets me know the monitor will work this time.

Its been like this for 2-3 weeks now and its getting really annoying sometimes taking 15-20 minutes to turn on my PC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

THM01

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
I definitely second i7Baby's response; shutting down with the power button is typically a poor idea. Always go for the standard shutdown from start menu unless your computer is all 023@#$ADFJ03l....

Also, if you the screen is messed up and you cant see anything on the screen but know that it's started, if you have a password type in your password and press enter, wait for the normal time it takes to turn on, then you can still shut it down normally using just the keyboard.

You can shut it down by pressing the start button, then the right arrow key, then enter (for windows 7). Or, if nothing is open (no programs or anything), another way to do it without seeing anything is ALT+F4 and then enter.

krilla95

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
Tried another cable plus another dual dvi cable with another monitor. Tried a different mouse.
Can't close the PC through start via keyboard because the keyboard wont work either, nor the mouse.