Question Computer has made a loud pop with 2 PSU's

Dec 18, 2019
Basically I was laying in bed last night when my computer made a loud pop and shutdown. I could not get it to turn back on it being late at night I said I'd figure it out tomorrow. So I unplugged the computer and moved it to a clearer location did a bunch of Googleing and found that it sounds like a blown capacitor in either the motherboard or PSU I looked at the capacitors in the motherboard and nothing seemed to be out of place so I figured the PSU was the issue luckily I had a extra one from my old PC so I did a quick switch around and tried to turn the computer on then another loud pop happened and nothing again so that is 2 PSU I have tried and 2 pops and I am stomped and don't know what the issue could be!

Dec 18, 2019
Full hardware specs of the system?
Model names of PSUs used?
I can't give you exact specs as I don't remember but it's got a i7, GeForce gtx 980, 16 gigs of ripjaw memory! Asus 797 - E motherbaord, corsair liquid cooler and 2 tb hardrive with a 250 gig sad! The first psu was a nzxt 700w HALE82 V2, the second was a evga 750w GQ

Dec 18, 2019
You will have to have some kind of volt meter. If you are uncomfortable checking it, you probably need to enlist some help.
So update I got a PSU tester in to test out my power supplies 1 seems to be working 1 does not but the one that doesn't is the one that was for the first pop and its also the one I opened up to see if a capacitor blew so maybe a screwed something up when I opened it but I didn't think I did! So what should be the plan now that one PSU is working but my machine isn't turning on and there was 2 pops

Dec 18, 2019
You will have to have some kind of volt meter. If you are uncomfortable checking it, you probably need to enlist some help.
Another update make sure you read the one above I took the PSU that was working And plugged in the 25 pin and the CPU 8 pin connector and hit the power button the CPU fired up along with the some fans and the graphics card light which I couldn't get to work before. So now do I try and plug stuff in 1 at a time and see if things work or is that a bad idea in case of another poping situation?