[SOLVED] Computer having issues even after Windows 10 reinstall

Jan 22, 2022
Hi recently I've had a bunch of weird issues with my computer (I've had this computer for multiple years but upgraded parts over time and pretty much everything in it has been replace besides maybe a HHD lol), these issues started around when I upgraded my GPU to a Zotac RTX 3070/When I converted to a duel pc setup (For streaming). Below I'll list my current specs and peripherals.

i9 9900KF 3.60GHz
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
32 GB RAM
Zotac RTX 3070
Lenovo Y 25-25
Ducky One Two Mini
Elgato Wave One
Logitech G Pro Superlight
(2) 250 SSDs
(1) 300 GB HHD
(1) 1 TB HHD
(1) 6 TB HHD
  • Now below I'll list the issues I've had with this computer and how I've tried to fix certain problems if I could find a fix.
  • Keyboard not working on restart/when PC is turned on after shutdown | I've only been able to fix this by unplugging and replugging it
  • Windows giving me two options on start up (Volume 4 and 6) | I've fixed this by removing another install of windows I had on a different hard drive
  • Valorant and other fullscreen games not properly Alt tabing (I sometimes have to alt tab two to three times for the game to actually tab me in, it will tab me in and instantly tab me out basically) | No fix found, I usually change a setting in nvidia settings or a monitor setting and alt tabbing works fine for maybe one gaming session but breaks again on restart and is extremely inconsistent. I suspect this is a monitor or mirroring issue (How I send video to my streaming PC through my capture card).
  • Ethernet no longer working (When playing valorant my ethernet will go in and out randomly and now just wont work at all. I thought this was an issue with my schools internet but when connecting to the student wifi I had no other issues other than it not being fast enough to watch streams twitch | Havent found a fix, tried updating drivers, using different drivers, unplugging and replugging, troubleshooter, etc
  • I program that I use that binds my license to my computer gives me inconsistent (Doesn't happen every restart but happens really often) "License already in use" error on PC restart (very inconsistent error) | I just reset the PC that the license is binded to every time I used the program.
  • Wave link app basically breaking on computer (Stream audio slider broken as well as its audio monitor slider breaking) shutdown inconsistently (Doesnt happen very often maybe once a month) | I basically have to go into the Wave link files folder and copy and delete a certain folder for it to work properly again
About 2 weeks ago I reinstalled windows (deleting all files on all the drives as well) and these issues still happen (some of these issues being new to restart) so I decided to run a clean boot today, after I got the ethernet issue, and the alt tabbing issue still persist and now my valorant game is giving me a van 81 error so I can't even play the game now lol.

Any ideas how to fix this, is this multiple hardware issues, is there something I can do within the windows software to fix this? I'm willing to try out basically anything.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Please post a screenshot of the Disk management window to include a graphical representation of the partitions on all drives.

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/7-ways-to-open-disk-management-in-windows-10.html

Please post a screenshot of the Disk management window to include a graphical representation of the partitions on all drives.

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/7-ways-to-open-disk-management-in-windows-10.html

Solution
Jan 22, 2022

View: https://imgur.com/a/OtIbob5

Your previous Windows installation on one of your secondary drives has not been fully removed. If you look at the Disk management window, Disk 2 has two hidden partitions still present. A system partition, that likely was originally the EFI boot partition, and a recovery partition, always created during the installation of Windows.

I'd recommend you first try a couple of things. Using the partition manager of your choice, remove ALL of the existing partitions on Drive 2, which is the disk with the G: drive on it, and then create a single standard partition on there for use with, whatever you want to use that drive for. If that drive currently has any valuable content on it I'd save it elsewhere for now and then move it back afterwards. Those other partitions are something we often see cause problems with Windows.

Once that it done, I'd back up anything important you currently have on the disk with the C: drive on it to another location, then power off and disconnect ALL other drives except the drive you want Windows on which I'll assume is the same drive the C: partition is currently on, and the USB flash drive that contents your Windows installer. Then run the Windows installer, choose the Custom option, delete ALL existing partitions on that drive and then direct the Windows installer to install to the unpartitioned, unformatted drive. Windows will perform any required partitions and any necessary formatting automatically. After installation has completed, I'd try and take it for a moderate test drive before reconnecting any other drives just to determine if there is still a problem or not.