Question Computer is powered, but no signal to display plus the keyboard and mouse is not receiving power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2020
My pc spec's ;
Cpu: Amd phenom II x4 965 black edition
Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2
Ram: corsair xms3 2x4gb ddr3 1333mhz
Gpu: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 570 4gb gaming oc
Psu: Evga 500w 80+

Built this last week. when i was using it last night, I only installed the RGB fusion software to change the graphics card colour to white and then i put the computer to sleep. when i pressed the power button this morning there was no signal on the screen but the computer powered on, the mouse and keyboard powered on too. because of this i went looking into my computer thinking there was a problem with my Gpu. However i came across a blinking light on the Gpu and searched up what it indicates, i found that it indicates that there is a 'Abnormal power supply' but people who have had this blinking have said nothing has been affected their pc and it is still working. So i went looking more and tried to follow a video explaining how to fix this issue (link bellow) but the only thing it did was stop the power to my keyboard and mouse. So i am now here....
also i tested the monitor and the wire on my playstation and it worked perfectly fine.
I don't really want to buy a new power supply cuz i'm 16 and i don't have money.

the video ;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RUe5m8Z0MY

EDIT: i changed the battery on the motherboard and the mouse and keyboard are receiving power but still no signal on the display

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020
The problem came back.
after I fixed it, I used my pc as normal for around a week and then I realised that the hard drive was not big enough so i purchased a 1tb seagate barracuda. My cpu was too old to play apex legends so i decided to upgrade my cpu to a FX 6300. it arrived today and i installed it onto the computer but there was no post like before fans spinning and led on but no post. I placed my old cpu back into the computer... then again no post, even when I changed the cmos battery. Adddition to this i have bought a internal speaker to check if the ram was the problem and it was not. Im just confused to what is wrong with the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS