Jan 4, 2020
I got a new I5 had to change the motherboard out and also changed power supply. I put the new motherboard in and everything seems to be put it right but when I turn it on it stays on for a few seconds and then turns off. After that it turns back on and it’s like it’s on a loop trying to start up. And I have tired everything and that’s also why the power supply was changed to see if that was the problem. But I have seen that the bios or cmos was a way to do it but it didn’t have the cap so I got it off my old motherboard and it’s didn’t want to start at all. If anyone knows something I can do.
Thanks.
I5 processor
Gigabyte b365m ds3h motherboard
Rm 1000x power supply
Gtx 1070
Vengeance lpx 32 gb memory

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you look at the earlier link I provided, it will provide a list of compatible CPUs. The one you provided is not one on the list, so it is NOT compatible with that motherboard. Not all 1151 CPUs will work with all 1151 motherboards (chipsets).

Jan 4, 2020
If you look at the earlier link I provided, it will provide a list of compatible CPUs. The one you provided is not one on the list, so it is NOT compatible with that motherboard. Not all 1151 CPUs will work with all 1151 motherboards (chipsets).
I updated my cpu to a i5 9600k like it said to do for that motherboard but now it’s still flickering any suggestions now?

Jan 4, 2020
While you bought a CPU that can theoretically work with the motherboard this time, you got one that requires the motherboard have a BIOS update to run, unless it's specifically marked as already having the
While you bought a CPU that can theoretically work with the motherboard this time, you got one that requires the motherboard have a BIOS update to run, unless it's specifically marked as already having the F2 BIOS.
how can I find that out

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Is there a sticker on the motherboard or box anywhere that says F2 or F2 BIOS?

Really, the thing you needed to do, without be able to verify the BIOS, was to buy an 8000 series CPU, the only ones guaranteed to run on the motherboard out of the box.