Computer keep hanging - graphic card

sam6312

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Hello,
I m new to dis forum and hope to get as much help as possible.

I have recently installed a geforce 7300 le (256mb) pci-e card, installed the latest driver and my aero for my Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit was den enabled.

However, my computer keeps freezing and I hav to switched it off through the on/off button by holding it for about 10s instead of shutting down. It juz freeze randomly whenever I am browsing the net or stuff. For example, when I refresh the Windows Experience Index and when they are rating, it just freeze halfway through and I got to off the com through the on/off button.

Windows will load but after it load, it will freeze after a few minutes. My computer only freeze when I use the graphic card but when I remove it and use my onboard graphic(SiS Mirage 3), it works perfectly fine except that the graphic is really bad with no aero.

I have tried to reinstall the graphic card and the drivers but to no avail. I also reinstalled windows 7 ultimate but still failed.

My motherboard is acer f671cr and I got a 2gb ram. My processor is Intel Pentium D while my model is Acer Aspire SA90.

This problem is making me go crazy and please reply asap as I am going to exchange the graphic card for another soon if I dun fix it.

Thanks~

Sam

-EDIT- I did disable my onboard graphic (SiS Mirage 3), but still failed. So could it be the graphic card faulty?

-EDIT(2)- Btw, the graphic card I bought was a second-hand Inno3D Nvidia 7300 LE 256mb, 64-bit bus , which was made in 2007.

-EDIT(3) PS. Could it be overheating cus it is quite hot when I touch the graphic card?

sam6312

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
That i noe and i hav done it, and i am just confused by dokk2 saying 'off', it should be 'disabled'. Though I have done it, it was a futile attempt and did not work as well. So could it be the graphic card faulty?

sam6312

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
I have a Windows Vista Home Basic in a primary hard disk, will it be ok to test it on Vista Home Basic? I have tested it on Vista Home Basic and it still happened, so does that says anything?

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
this sounds like whats going on with my 480 except that i can run internet browser fine and msn... but it freezes if i run windows rating yet it won't freeze when i have onboard graphics on...

TRENDING THREADS