Question Computer lag whilst loading games

MWilliams1873

Honorable
Apr 25, 2017
Hello!

For some weird reason my computer will perform really slow whilst loading games, the mouse seems to skip around the screen and if I have a video playing on youtube for example on my other monitor the FPS of the video drops, if I click on the window where the video is playing it returns to normal, however if I click back into the game, it then goes back to low fps.
It's completely fine once the game has fully loaded, but my PC is more than capable of handling this and more, so I'm slightly confused at what's going on.

All help appreciated! :)

Specs :

GPU - 4090 Strix OC
CPU - 7950 X3D RAM
RAM - 128GB Corsair Dominator
MOBO - Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme
PSU - CORSAIR 1600 WATT
COOLER - H170i 420mm AIO

Thanks
Mark

Lutfij

Titan
What sort of storage drives are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? As for you cooler, have made sure that the mount on it is proper? Might want to check on your temps using HWMonitor to see what your CPU temps are when you see the lags taking place.

MWilliams1873

Honorable
Apr 25, 2017
What sort of storage drives are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? As for you cooler, have made sure that the mount on it is proper? Might want to check on your temps using HWMonitor to see what your CPU temps are when you see the lags taking place.
Hello :) sorry for the late reply.

- Storage device was 4TB BLACK WD M.2 NVME

- Bios version was the latest for the X3D chips released a few days ago.

- I'm pretty sure it was mounted properly, I'm no expert of course so I could be completely wrong, but my temps for CPU were never really going above 35-40 idle and whilst gaming I never seen it above 55.

Over the remainder of that night the computer got worse, from just the lag to completely crashing and rebooting over and over after about 15 minutes of just sitting on the desktop nevermind playing games.

CS:GO would completely freeze my computer just before I loaded into a map.
Rust I could play but it would result in the same freeze and reboot after about 10minutes of gameplay.

Instead of rebooting myself, I let it play its course one time and all my screens went discoloured and weird pixels then it rebooted up normally.

I put a spare GPU in bottom slot of my motherboard, not the top like I'd been using.

and all my problems were solved, so I put that spare GPU into the top slot and my problems reappeared, instant crashing again.

So my best guess is the top slot for the GPU is faulty? I've ordered the same motherboard again, it arrives tomorrow, so I'll give that a shot! :)

But please.. if you think its something else I would love to know! and I appreciate all the help.

Thanks
Mark