Question Computer lagging when installing drivers

Cianheena

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Okay so I have a bit of a weird one. My computer seems to lag when I attempt to install any sort of driver. I recently did a clean install of windows and that turned out great. Everything seemed fine until I noticed that I wasn’t able to change my DPI on my mouse.

Naturally, I went to investigate and saw that Logitech G huh and Logitech gaming center was not picking up my mouse. Googled a fix and people said to manually install the drivers after uninstalling. I was like okay cool it’s an easy fix. When I went to install the driver it would get stuck installing and my computer would start lagging. As a matter of fact everything was lagging, I was talking to friends in Teamspeak and even they were saying I was lagging. My audio was lagging, my cursor would lag and of course I would restart. When I went to restart I noticed the restart process took a long time and eventually I got a blue screen with the code Driver_Power_Failure. When the computer boots up again everything is fine and dandy, no lag whatsoever. I attempted to install Icue for my headset and RAM and even that got stuck at 65% when I attempt to install anything at all for peripherals it seems to put my computer into this laggy state and just unable to fix itself.

My computer itself is quite beefy
Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB 3600mhz Corsair vengeance RAM
Nvidia 2070
Corsair 850I PSU

I just find it strange that a peripheral driver can cause this much disruption and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Cianheena

Prominent
May 2, 2019
latest bios/chipset driver?
I have updated both as soon as computer booted. Forgot to give mobo specs which is an MSI x570 Gaming Edge WiFi

Bios I am running is
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.70, 09/01/2020

For the chipset I am unsure which version I am running would you be able to help me find it by telling me what I have to go into?

Cianheena

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Okay so an update, I can get around my PC stuttering by powering it down, plugging out the power cable and holding the power button for 10 seconds before powering it back up. It’s fine once that goes on but any time I need to install any driver or anything of the sorts my computer freezes. If I attempt to restart it will stick restarting and after about 5 minutes I will get a blue screen with the error code Driver Power State Failure

Any suggestions for fixes would be greatly appreciated.