Question Computer lags when playing any game?

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
A few days ago my PC was able to run all of them games I play with no lag at all. Most games would get up to 150-200 FPS. But these past few days my computer has lagged on every game. League of Legends, Overwatch, Roblox, 7 Days to Die, etc. I have checked my drivers updates on Radeon and on Device Manager. I have also done all Windows Updates but still my games lag. I am unsure what to do from here. I would really appreciate it if somebody could explain to me why this is happening and help me solve this issue. Thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Things to check for;

Any process taking excessive amount of resources in task manager and search about that process. Sort processes usage high to low.

Doing a virus and malware scan.

Monitor cpu and gpu temps under load with hwinfo64 and checking clock speeds aren't decreasing due to heat.

Cause of sudden performance drop as you're describing is usually one or multiple of those 3 reasons.

And list your specs and cooling.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Haha no problem. Make sure to check what i typed about. Can also use Coretemp for more simpler measure of cpu temps as it is quite simple to look at compared to hwinfo64 which displays a lot of information. Cpu temps would be first priority. You'll be looking at maximum temperature cpu gets to running something intensive like Intel Burn Test and not exceed 90c and downclocking itself. Coretemp also shows live cpu speed so you can watch. Hwinfo64 does the same but Coretemp has less info onscreen to sypher.

Last edited:

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
I'm going to send you the entire tag of both fans.
Case Fan-
DP/N
0WC236
CN-0WC236-73308-
2CD-0680-A00
CPU Fan-
DP/N
089R8J
CN-089R8J-73308-
341-05WX-A00
Is that the information you were looking for? I am going to check my CPU temps.