Question Computer loses ethernet connection

Jul 5, 2019
I'm losing Ethernet connection to my network after a period of non use on a single computer hardwired to the network. I have two computers on the network and the other one is fine. I also have a couple of Ipads that run wireless and no loss with either of those. I don't know how long a period of time, and I haven't experience it when I'm using the computer.

When it happens I can ping my router, but I can't connect to it using a browser (tried firefox and edge). I can't connect to the internet or any other devices on the network. If I reboot everything works fine. I checked all the power saving settings and turned everything off.

This is a new issue. I don't know what changed but I did not have this problem before.

Thanks for any help.

AllanGH

Estimable
Mar 10, 2019
If you have something like this laying around, try it to see if working around the integrated NIC takes care of it.

If it does, then it's a hardware issue.

If it doesn't, then you're looking at drivers, config issues, or other software related problems.

Jul 5, 2019
If you have something like this laying around, try it to see if working around the integrated NIC takes care of it.

If it does, then it's a hardware issue.

If it doesn't, then you're looking at drivers, config issues, or other software related problems.
I tried a USB Ethernet adapter as suggested, I disable the integrated NIC and enable the USB dongle, no difference.

I've checked the driver for the NIC, Windows says it's up to date.

What else could possibly do this?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS