Question computer monitor cannot turn ON

lafite1968

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
Gentlemen,

Need some help on how to fix this monitor-Cannot turn on

I have a Acer/ Ferrari F20 monitor that I just brought from Salvation army store, that simply cannot be turned on.

I bought a brand new power adapter according to it’s spec(s), disassembled the monitor, found the 3 old capacitors ( CapXon 180 uf/ 35V ) were no good, and replaced with RubyCon 270 uf/ 35V )

But still, cannot be turned ON. No power light on monitor; power adaptor lights is ok-it’s new.

I noticed there is some “dried ice-cream” stuff?? on one of the part (which I don’t know what that part is called/ nor it’s function)…...Not sure if it is the reason,…

Can any gentlemen here help me to round-up what other “usual-suspect(s) “ so that I can get this works. Thank you.

** p.s. I am a dummy on repairing monitors/ hardwares, only knows softwares like Windows. Million thanks.

xy6oi.jpg

4qihdc.jpg

2zp7gd4.jpg

2w4b7zq.jpg

I think those are CCFL (Or cathode lamps), 1st picture 6 of them are inverters.
Those usually die first/overheat.(correct me if im wrong)
you can test via multimeter for resistance/short.
Also capacitors if they are good value.

On down right of it you see INV20-6010A thats your board number (inv stating inverter).

But to dissapoint you, cathode lamps can die also....

Other option is to buy cheap chinese inverter and test the lamps if they still function, but you'd have to check which voltage do they operate since im unable to find any clue whatsoever. Usually its 12V?

lafite1968

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
I think those are CCFL (Or cathode lamps), 1st picture 6 of them are inverters.
Those usually die first/overheat.(correct me if im wrong)
you can test via multimeter for resistance/short.
Also capacitors if they are good value.

On down right of it you see INV20-6010A thats your board number (inv stating inverter).

But to dissapoint you, cathode lamps can die also....

Other option is to buy cheap chinese inverter and test the lamps if they still function, but you'd have to check which voltage do they operate since im unable to find any clue whatsoever. Usually its 12V?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello RememberThe5th,

Thanks for yr reply.

In my first photo, are you referring to the 6 light blue color plastic thing or the 6 memory chip looking thing?

Also, i already replaced 3 capacitors, as shown in all photos.

Can you tell me where / which are the cathode lamps?

Also, how about the "dried-ice-cream stuff" ....see 2nd photo,.... Thx,

Last edited: