Computer not working after install of new ram

GabeGecko

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Today, my new ram arrived and I really wanted to install it. I turned off my PC, took out the power cable, opened the PC, loosened the 2x4GB of ram, took them out, put in the new 2x8GB ram, tightened it, put on my PC, plugged it in... And my monitors turned on, yet they had no signal. Also, my keyboard is also off? I experimented by either putting in my old ram or just using one slot of ram, yet it is always the same ending. Might I have damaged my motherboard or ram slots or what can I do to fix it? Please ask any question that may help

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Install the new RAM again.
With the PC power unplugged, hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Plug power back in and try to boot.
Also, if you have the monitor connected to a graphics card and have onboard graphics as well, try plugging monitor into onboard graphics. I have had the BIOS reset after changing RAM and the display went back to onboard.

GabeGecko

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
I must have onboard graphics because I have the Asus H110M-R. Also, at the moment, I just want the PC to work with the original RAM. So what can I do to connect the monitors to the onboard graphics?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
If you go here and look at the 4th picture over those are the connections on the motherboard. You have a VGA and DVI stacked on top of each other (the one just to the right of the round green and purple connections. And you also have an HDMI which is just to the right of the VGA/DVI connections.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H110M-A/gallery/

Connect your monitor to one of those using a VGA (blue tipped usually) or DVI (white tipped) or HDMI cable.

GabeGecko

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Sgt, I'm certain they were in. I have been fiddling with both my old and new ram and I don't think it's the ram slot that's the problem. Actually, the left ram slot seems a little bit screwed now I think about it because whenever I put ram in that slot, it seems very loose... However, I have tried starting the PC with just one ram in on the right slot, so it's not that. BadasAI, sadly my monitors are already plugged in to the HDMI and dvi slots on my mother board. Anything else?

Did you take the graphics card out of the build?

Jul 17, 2019
I know this is late and maybe stupid but when I had this problem I just had to press harder on both sides of the ram sticks until I heard the clicks, instant fix