[SOLVED] Computer only turns on for half a second before shutting off.

cmduplain

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
Hi all,

I am building a new computer for the studio I work at to run live shows. It consists of the following:

• i7 7700
  • 1050 ti
  • 16 gb Ram
  • Thermaltake Smart 500 PS
  • Aerocool Case

The first time I built the system, it would turn on for a half a second and immediately turn off. I tried reseating everything with no luck. When I unplug the CPU Power, everything would stay powered on and fans would spin as normal. I tried a different power supply, also with no luck. I replaced the motherboard with a more expensive model and set everything up today and am having the same issue.

What could be the culprit?

Solution
Work through this list until it either works or you determine the faulty part or connection:

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Hi all,

I am building a new computer for the studio I work at to run live shows. It consists of the following:

• i7 7700
  • 1050 ti
  • 16 gb Ram
  • Thermaltake Smart 500 PS
  • Aerocool Case
The first time I built the system, it would turn on for a half a second and immediately turn off. I tried reseating everything with no luck. When I unplug the CPU Power, everything would stay powered on and fans would spin as normal. I tried a different power supply, also with no luck. I replaced the motherboard with a more expensive model and set everything up today and am having the same issue.

What could be the culprit?

Try to built the pc out of the case and try if it powers on, if don't, I think the Cpu can be causing the problem with. Although would be weird a bad Cpu

USAFRet

Titan
Work through this list until it either works or you determine the faulty part or connection:

Solution