Computer powering up, no signal to screen or power to USB etc.

nathan1337

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Hi guys, have I have a which problem which I have been trying to solve with no avail.

My computer is powering up with fans, cd drive and turning lights on, however there is no signal to the screen or power from usb ports. The problem first started when I was playing CS and the signal just dropped out. the next day the I turned the PC on and it seemed to work fine, then I noticed the laser on my mouse was flickering on and off and soon after the signal to screen dropped too. Now it wont show anything at all. I've tried both the output of the graphics card and the motherboard each with no signal as well as testing my mouse and other USB devices in all of the ports. I've tried starting with taking different components out (RAM, GPU, HDD, fans) to see if any one individually is causing the problem as well as taking out the CMOS battery for 5 min then putting it back in. I'm considering it might be the MOBO or PSU, but I have no spare to test and can't afford to buy both just to test if they are the actual problem.

Gigabyte ga ma785g Motherboard
Antec basic bp500u PSU
gigabyte gv n98tgr 5121 GPU
2x Kingston kvr800d2n6k2/4g RAM
CPU: its stuck to my heatsink and I can't remember the model haha.

Do you guys have any solutions? I've tried to explain as best I can, if you need any additional info I am happy to add.