[SOLVED] Computer Powers up but No Beep or power to monitor

Feb 8, 2019
My computer which worked correctly this morning will not boot this afternoon.
It has a Maximus VII Hero board with 32gb ram and is operating windows 7 X64 Home.

The motherboard lights up - the Q-Code goes thru a number of sequences and stops with an error code of A3 or A0.

The lights that appear on the Corsair RAM stick light up as normal and all the fans are working.

I have 4 Hard drives for my gaming and photography - All are Samsung Evo drives.

As I cannot get the computer to boot I am unable to check any of the BIOS settings

I read on another forum about removing all the RAM and see what the Error Code is - FE but that is not in the Manual for the Computer

Anybody have an idea what the problem and solution might be please

Thank you

Peter

Feb 8, 2019

Hi,

I connected my computer to my wifes monitor which uses the older D Cable rather than the new style but still not booting. Still no BEEP when starting

I will try again tomorrow and take the power supply away from my Graphics Card

Peter

Feb 8, 2019

Thanks for the Idea on the RAM - I removed and replaced the ram and I also booted with the Windows 7 disk in place.

That enabled me to run the memory Diagnostic and a further option was to use System Restore and go back a few days - not sure what the problem was but everything is back in order.

Thanks for the Ideas

Peter