Question Computer randomly Alt+Tabs

May 23, 2019
I have tried to detect virus, didn't find any, tried to disconnect from the internet, didn't work I even pluged out my keyboard, but the alt tab was still appearing and changing windows randomly. It is not even ritmical or anytihing, there are times when it is intesively tries to change windows and spams alt tab like crazy, and than there are chill times too. Please help, I don't know what to do anymore, I have even whiped out my whole C drive and reinstalled windows (10), but didn't work.
The PC is brand new, uses rtx 2070 and amd threadripper 2920x. Sometimes even my mouse is clicking (not moving just clicking like a glitch or something).
I would appreciate every kind of help! Thank you!

May 23, 2019
I have all the latest drivers, and I also tried to use different usb slots, but it is still happening. I mean if it is also happening when the keyboard is not plugged to the pc, I guess that cant be the problem.

This sounds like a job for scooby doo and gang.
Let's get down to serious business. That's a pretty decent PC you have there. It sounds like a peculiar issue. You say you wiped your C drive then reinstalled windows. Just to make sure, you are using a genuine Windows installation (either one from a shop, from Microsoft, or from the Microsoft Installation Media Creation). Illegal copies of Windows come with all sorts of nasty stuff, and if I was distributing pirated copies of Windows i'd find it funny to do something like that (but I wouldn't because pirating software is illegal and not good to do). If you are using non genuine Windows, you might like to know that it's actually free to download and install direct from Microsoft, just Google Windows Media Creation Tool. You don't even have to activate it, you can use Windows 10 unactivated.

Check for bent pins on the CPU. It really is a peculiar issue. Does this random clicking that you mention happen when you're in the BIOS? Try to stay in the BIOS for some time and keep the mouse pointed on something, so that you can tell if the click happens in the BIOS or not(how long you stay there depends on how often you experience the random click while using the PC normally).

If it's not happening in safe mode then that probably means it's not a hardware error. What application did you use for the check for virus? Try using Malwarebytes if you haven't. Make sure the Windows installation you have was from official Microsoft website, and you installed it using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool only.

Reactions: davew1860
How did you get Windows 10 on your PC? Did you buy it with an unactivated copy? Or did you install it yourself. If you installed it yourself from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, then that probably isn't a problem. If you got it unactivated on your PC, or you put it on yourself from a non-official source, I would advice you to follow the instructions https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support here. Ignore the Rufus option. Just do the first one.

May 23, 2019
Is it possible that my wacom tablet causes the issue? I have just turned off the touch sensitivity, cause I realized sometimes I used my mouse on it. But that still would not explain the alt tabs. I have played games in windowed fullscreen mode, and it did not occur. Now that I turned of my drawing tablets touch sensitivity I didn't experience it for a while. Let's see, cause usually it is random as hell, I don't know when will it occur next. Sometimes I have like 2-3 hours rest.
But thanks for the tips so far, you guys are awesome helping desperate people :)