[SOLVED] Computer Randomly Restarting

TheSilentHorker

Honorable
Feb 7, 2015
I'm having an issue where my computer randomly shuts off and reboots. It's totally random and the workload doesn’t matter at all. It happens when I'm just browsing the web and also happens when rendering in Maya (100% CPU usage). Sometimes it happens after being on for an hour, other times it happens after twelve hours.
Here are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X (stock)
CPU COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
MOBO: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO (using the latest BIOS, 5603)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 (stock)
PSU: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze
STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 || 4TB WD Blue || 2TB WD Green
CASE: NZXT Source 530 w/ 2x Noctua 120MM 1700RPM as front intake, 1x be quiet! 140MM as rear exhaust.

When rendering in Maya overnight my CPU maxes out at 74C. I tested for an hour using Prime95 Blend and it hit 84C. I know the CPU isn’t the problem because the shutdown/reboot problem also happened when I used a Ryzen 5 1600. Here are some other things I’ve checked/tested:
-RAM at stock vs XMP settings doesn’t change anything.
-Max power draw at the wall when using Prime95 Blend and Furmark 1440P is 480W. The system doesn’t shut down and ran like this for 45 minutes; no problems.
-CPU undervolt changes nothing.
-The system has a minimal amount of dust inside.
-The system has plenty of airflow and a VRM heatsink so I don’t think it’s the VRMs overheating.
-I have the latest graphics drivers from NVidia.

Here are my ideas:
  1. Somehow the system has a random power draw spike that trips OCP in the PSU and causes a reboot.
    or
  2. The motherboard has some unsolvable issue and I need to replace it.
Thanks for reading everything. I’m kinda going crazy here! Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Solution
I'm having an issue where my computer randomly shuts off and reboots. It's totally random and the workload doesn’t matter at all. It happens when I'm just browsing the web and also happens when rendering in Maya (100% CPU usage). Sometimes it happens after being on for an hour, other times it happens after twelve hours.
Here are my specs:
CASE: NZXT Source 530 w/ 2x...
Dec 12, 2020
Here are my specs:
CASE: NZXT Source 530 w/ 2x Noctua 120MM 1700RPM as front intake, 1x be quiet! 140MM as rear exhaust.

When rendering in Maya overnight my CPU maxes out at 74C. I tested for an hour using Prime95 Blend and it hit 84C. I know the CPU isn’t the problem because the shutdown/reboot problem also happened when I used a Ryzen 5 1600. Here are some other things I’ve checked/tested:
-RAM at stock vs XMP settings doesn’t change anything.
-Max power draw at the wall when using Prime95 Blend and Furmark 1440P is 480W. The system doesn’t shut down and ran like this for 45 minutes; no problems.
-CPU undervolt changes nothing.
-The system has a minimal amount of dust inside.
-The system has plenty of airflow and a VRM heatsink so I don’t think it’s the VRMs overheating.
-I have the latest graphics drivers from NVidia.

Here are my ideas:
  1. Somehow the system has a random power draw spike that trips OCP in the PSU and causes a reboot.
    or
  2. The motherboard has some unsolvable issue and I need to replace it.
Thanks for reading everything. I’m kinda going crazy here! Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Do you have any Restore Point before all of that happens? Try to Restore that in very earlier time. If none, Try in Command prompt type: bootrec/rebuildbcd. Then Hit Enter

Solution