Question Computer randomly restarts and sluggish Photoshop performance (brand new PC)

Feb 20, 2021
Hello,

I just got my new Digital Storm last night and I'm running into an issue where the computer randomly restarts for no reason. Also programs like Photoshop or Chrome (which I just installed) are sluggish at startup/frozen sometimes before they respond. Temperature seems fine since I'm in cool room.

I looked in the event viewer (see attached image) and saw it's a kernal-power 41 error. Did a little searching on the net and it said to adjust the power settings. Did that, and I'm still getting the restart/random sluggishness on Photoshop that should be WAY faster.

Any ideas what I should do next? :(

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-core)
Asus Prime X570-P / MS X570-A Pro
128GB DDR4 3200MHZ
1000W Digital Storm Performance Series
1xSSD 500 GB (photoshop is installed here)
1x1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I just got my new Digital Storm last night and I'm running into an issue where the computer randomly restarts for no reason. Also programs like Photoshop or Chrome (which I just installed) are sluggish at startup/frozen sometimes before they respond. Temperature seems fine since I'm in cool room.

I looked in the event viewer (see attached image) and saw it's a kernal-power 41 error. Did a little searching on the net and it said to adjust the power settings. Did that, and I'm still getting the restart/random sluggishness on Photoshop that should be WAY faster.

Any ideas what I should do next? :(

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-core)
Asus Prime X570-P / MS X570-A Pro
128GB DDR4 3200MHZ
1000W Digital Storm Performance Series
1xSSD 500 GB (photoshop is installed here)
1x1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
Have you contacted them? Brand new, it should be their problem to troubleshoot.