Question Computer randomly shuts down while playing Apex

Verucio

Prominent
Feb 25, 2019
Hello,

I have problems with my computer shutting of randomly sometimes when I play Apex legends, both my two monitors (no signal) + mouse and keyboard goes dark but the computer keeps it's power on and the fans are still running. It doesn't happen every game I play, sometimes i can play 5+ hours without it even happening once but sometimes it happens every game. I can run other games such as League of legends and PUBG without this happening.

I've checked my temps with HWMonitor and CPU temp (packade (node 0)) doesn't go over 75 C and GPU temp doesn't go over 70 C so I guess this means that the problem isn't overheating related?

About two months ago my PSU broke, and I got a new one, are there any way to check if the PSU that broke affected any other components in my system? Or what might the problem be?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X with stock cooler
Mobo: MSI X370 Gaming plus
Mem: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 16GB
Hdd: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Expedition OC
PSU: Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU (same PSU as the one that broke)

Thanks, in advance

BringerOfTea

Reputable
Is the CPU overclocked in any way or for that matter the GPU? Is so remove it and check.
And the mouse goes black?
Fetch the latest bios. ?

I know that Apex has terrible network performance... but not anything that would account to the sudden loss of power.

Verucio

Prominent
Feb 25, 2019
I hadn't done any personal overclocking but realized when I entered BIOS that MSI game boost was turned on. I've turned this off and will check if I still get the random shut downs.

Thanks for your help

Jul 26, 2019
Just started having this issue, something notable is that it only happens when i play Apex, and my headphones will start to crackle before the shutdown happens, CPU/GPU temp doesnt seem to be out of the ordinary has only happened when i pay Apex.

Oct 5, 2019
Hello folks,

I had some issue with my GPU: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...us-gold-wont-start-even-the-cpu-fan.3531813/#. Finally after a month, a refurbished GPU arrived and I bought a new PSU - yes, it is the Antec 650W HCG gold. It has been working for a week without any issues.

Today, I was playing Apex Legends for ~ 2hours , then suddenly my PC lost power again. Motherboard MSI Gaming plus motherboard has 4 leds onboard - the GPU led was on! I was like "OhS@it" - what is the problem now! I forced the power button to restart, then CPU led was on ! I was like OhMG!.

Then switched off my PSU, then switched on my PC = ok ! everything booted up properly. I went to check the Windows event log to find out what happened.

The last event before pc turned off was the following:
Error 20-11-2019 19:47:22 EventLog 6008 The previous system shutdown at 19:32:39 on ‎20/‎11/‎2019 was unexpected. Warning 20-11-2019 18:30:53 RestartManager 10010 Application 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dllhost.exe' (pid 6452) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

I ran CPU, GPU stress tests, superposition benchmark, ran it for a while at least 30 to 45 minutes. My PC was stable no issues. How to debug this situation? I do not know what went wrong.

Check this thread for solution: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...d7a7ca6e29/m-p/8503399/highlight/false#M18842

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019
Seems like a MSI B450 Gaming Plus Bios issue. After updating the BIOS(Version 7B87v1B Release Date 2019-11-11 File Size 9.1 MB ), It loos like I do not have similar issues. I have to wait and see anyway.

Hello folks,

I had some issue with my GPU: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...us-gold-wont-start-even-the-cpu-fan.3531813/#. Finally after a month, a refurbished GPU arrived and I bought a new PSU - yes, it is the Antec 650W HCG gold. It has been working for a week without any issues.

Today, I was playing Apex Legends for ~ 2hours , then suddenly my PC lost power again. Motherboard MSI Gaming plus motherboard has 4 leds onboard - the GPU led was on! I was like "OhS@it" - what is the problem now! I forced the power button to restart, then CPU led was on ! I was like OhMG!.

Then switched off my PSU, then switched on my PC = ok ! everything booted up properly. I went to check the Windows event log to find out what happened.

The last event before pc turned off was the following:
Error 20-11-2019 19:47:22 EventLog 6008 The previous system shutdown at 19:32:39 on ‎20/‎11/‎2019 was unexpected. Warning 20-11-2019 18:30:53 RestartManager 10010 Application 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dllhost.exe' (pid 6452) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

I ran CPU, GPU stress tests, superposition benchmark, ran it for a while at least 30 to 45 minutes. My PC was stable no issues. How to debug this situation? I do not know what went wrong.

My assumption is the following: some restart service triggered some issue - but still, why my GPU led was on and then CPU led ? cannot arrive into a conclusion. I cannot reproduce the error.

Any clues?

TRENDING THREADS