Question Computer randomly stops sending display signals and basically turns off while still receiving power

fpsgognoggler

Reputable
Mar 22, 2018
I don't understand what exactly is going on, I thought it was my hard drives so I moved windows over to my SSD but even after disconnecting both hard drives it continued. I ran the Intel processor diagnostic and it said my CPU was just fine, same with a GPU benchmark no problems. When I boot up all my peripherals flash on and off and back on and it may or may not boot giving the same error as the thread title. I guess because the nature of this problem it wont give me a minidump file because it doesn't blue screen.

Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1069MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270H GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 470 Graphics (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24F1ST a
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

I don't understand what exactly is going on, I thought it was my hard drives so I moved windows over to my SSD but even after disconnecting both hard drives it continued. I ran the Intel processor diagnostic and it said my CPU was just fine, same with a GPU benchmark no problems. When I boot up all my peripherals flash on and off and back on and it may or may not boot giving the same error as the thread title. I guess because the nature of this problem it wont give me a minidump file because it doesn't blue screen.

Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1069MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270H GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 470 Graphics (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24F1ST a
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
Since your cpu has an igp remove the gpu and connect the monitor to the mobo.
See if anything changes.

fpsgognoggler

Reputable
Mar 22, 2018
I'll try that, all of my main parts (cpu, motherboard, gpu, and psu) are around 3-4 years old aswell, I was asking someone i know and said he was having a similar issue but it was the PSU that was causing it, so even if i remove the gpu it may be a 50/50 if thats the problem

fpsgognoggler

Reputable
Mar 22, 2018
So after restarting multiple times after removing the graphics card I've had no boot problems. Though I don't believe the graphics card is the issue since it ran a gpu benchmark for 12 hours and it never crashed.

May 8, 2021
You don't happen to have a VR headset do you? I only ask because this was an issue I had where the PC assumed the headset was my main screen when powering on. I had to unplug the headset from my PC and like magic my screen would turn back on.

TRENDING THREADS