Computer running extremely slow after a few hours. HELP!!!

Daniel Lam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
So I'll describe the situation, my computer is running extremely slow after a few hours. During the first few hours after I boot my computer, everything is running fine and smoothly but after that, my chrome starts freezing and not responding and when I try to run a program it would take like 30 seconds to load up. Also when I play games, it would run smoothly with a few minor fps drops that is not suppose to happen then my computer would just freeze for one minute and I am unable to move my cursor or do anything but I can still hear the sound. I checked for malware or virus and my fans but I have no idea what is wrong. I also tried CCleaner and Defragging my computer but there is not solution to my computer.

Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon r9 280x
CPU: AMD fx 4100 Quad core
8 GB ram

Daniel Lam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

Usually all my processes are taking 1.5-2gb of space, my physical memory is really high (80%+) and my CPU changes drastically, it could go from 40% to 95% but usually stays around 50%

Randor Jonson

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
Hello Daniel Lam,

do you have Anti-virus currently installed on your PC? If you don't have,you should download one and make a full scan of your system. For me,it looks like PC-throttle you are getting here. There are many factors,who can cause this.
First,download Anti-virus and scan all your system.There are viruses,who can put your CPU usage on high level. (Avast recommended) Link - https://www.avast.com/index
Second,download software HWMonitor (need to see your temperatures). Link - http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

All best,
Randor.

Daniel Lam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

http://imgur.com/quwcYbX,RCnyEoV theres 2 images regarding my virus scan and temp scan. Thank you

Randor Jonson

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015

@ Daniel Lam

Well,here you go. Virus was a cause here.
Please,remember to mark solution(post),which helped you.

All best,
Randor.

Daniel Lam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

the problem still persist, infact when I tried to restart my computer, it was so slow that it got stuck on a black screen for 5-10 minutes until I manually restarted it (power button). As soon as I restarted it, I checked my temperatures and it was normal, I have no idea whats taking so much CPU from my computer

Randor Jonson

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
@ Daniel Lam

Here's another solution,you can try.

Open Avast/Scan/Scan for viruses and where is written " quick scan",select " Boot time scan" and press start. Restart your computer and let avast scan your PC.

All best,
Randor.

Daniel Lam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

I did that twice, I even tried using different virus detectors like malwarebytes

Randor Jonson

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
@ Daniel Lam

- When was last time you maintenance your computer? (changing TIM,cleaning from dust).
- Can you check your computer temperatures again? (on what temp. it idles and load temp).
- Have you done any Overclock?

Mattios

Honorable

Yes I just saw. People make mistakes.

What are the MapleStory and RzSynapse programs? They are using lots of CPU which will cause temperature increases and slow downs. Do you need them running?

Daniel Lam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

Maplestory is a game and RzSynapse is for my mouse macros. I disabled it due to it taking 20-30% of my CPU, a mouse program taking that much CPU? Is this normal?

Daniel Lam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

I cleaned it yesterday (quick clean of external dust) but my last full clean with compressed air was last year in the summer. My temperatures are fine, my computer was being slow so I had to manually turn off my computer, I quickly turned it back on and checked my bios and my temperature was at around 70d~ and I have not overclocked my computer. I tried disabling SuperFetch and it seems to be working right now but I'm not so sure.