Computer Shuts down immediately after Turning on

Sep 4, 2018
In June of 2017, I built a PC, it worked fine until a month ago where while in a game it randomly shut down, I tried to reboot it and the fans started to spin, lights turned on and it shut off again. I just waited a bit and tried again, it turned on. I went in and updated all drivers and such to make sure it wasn't that. Now just again, I was in a game, and the same thing happened. Could this be due to overheating from too much dust? Also, stupidly, I had the PC on a carpet. Could this have blocked the bottom vent for the PSU?

Update:
I unplugged all PSU cables on both the PSU and the component and it booted. I believe the 24 pin is not connecting all the way.

Link to Build Specs

Solution
"I unplugged all PSU cables on both the PSU and the component and it booted. I believe the 24 pin is not connecting all the way.
"

Unplugged them and plugged them back in I assume.

It may have been just a bad connection.

As far as heat.....if you download HWMonitor or Afterburner...this will show you temps.

As far as dust. I don't think dust is an issue. You have to have an awful lot of dust to cause heat problems.
"I unplugged all PSU cables on both the PSU and the component and it booted. I believe the 24 pin is not connecting all the way.
"

Unplugged them and plugged them back in I assume.

It may have been just a bad connection.

As far as heat.....if you download HWMonitor or Afterburner...this will show you temps.

As far as dust. I don't think dust is an issue. You have to have an awful lot of dust to cause heat problems.

Solution