[SOLVED] Computer shuts down randomly, doesnt turn back on unless PSU turned off and turned on

RainbowIsRainbow

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Hello there! I have been having problems with my computer, I have some questions to this topic.

About the problem, PSU turns off randomly, without a warning at some times, when playing, or in idle. After it turned off, my mouse light goes off, I press the power button, it does not power back on anymore, unless I turn off the PSU, then turn it back on, there were also related posts to this topic, but I havent got any power surge screen or anything like that, windows boots up fine. I also have done some stress tests in Heaven, there were no shutdowns, CPU was 60-65°C, and GPU was 63-67°C as I can remember. I also have looked at some threads, people were pointing that motherboards caused the problem, but I never got a single problem with it.

And another thing, random shutdowns, after turning off and turning on PSU, sometimes the psu fan goes 100%, like loud as a vacuum cleaner.

Specs: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kVNFHz

My questions are:
Could this lead to being PC turned on over 10 hours?
Could this lead to being me tightly screwing the standoffs for the motherboard?
Could this lead to me always turning off and turning on the PSU?

This happens 4 times a month, and it's starting to get annoying.

I haven't tested yet, I don't have anything for spare, and don't have a lot of money.

Solution
In the past when I have seen this happen it's usually the power supply that's the problem.
I don't think it has anything to do with the motherboard standoffs.
It may have something do do with how long it has been powered up.
Regardless I would replace the power supply.
In the past when I have seen this happen it's usually the power supply that's the problem.

Reactions: estherfaith
Solution

RainbowIsRainbow

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Okay, I will try replacing the power supply if I can, thank you.