Computer shuts down when playing certain games.

Oct 25, 2018
When Im playing games like Europa Universalis or Assassins Creed origins everything is going just fine but when I wanna play HoI4 or Kingdom Come Deliverance for example my Computer shuts down and restarts after some time. Its not the heat. My CPU is on 60 ° C while playing these games and my GPU is too. I really do not know what this problem could be. My Computer has enough energy, cooling and power to run these games. A little help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Specs :

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz

Ram: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

Mainboard: Acer Aspire XC600

GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

hard drive: 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001

power supply : Corsair VS 550

Oct 25, 2018

Event ID: 41
Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

ethanmarti1598

Upstanding
Apr 5, 2018
Kernel Power 41 indicates that the computer restarted suddenly without shutting down first.

Does your computer freeze at times? If not, the most likely culprit is the PSU, which might simply be getting old, and I would recommend testing your PC with a known good PSU.

Edit: Have you gotten any BSODs either?

Oct 25, 2018

nope and like I said it cant be the psu. It just restarts randomly while playing some games.

ethanmarti1598

Upstanding
Apr 5, 2018

If it restarts randomly while playing some games (which seem to be pretty hardware-intensive), and you're getting Kernel Power 41 errors, it means you have a hardware problem, and the most likely culprit is the PSU.

I can see your PSU should have enough power, but let me ask you this: how old is it? PSUs degrade over time, so it could be that yours is simply worn out.

If you insist that it is not the PSU, the only other component that may be responsible is your motherboard.

The easiest test to do is to run prime95 on max testing and if the pc clicks off it's the PSU.

That or you have really bad temps so it shuts off to avoid roasting.

I have used it to test for dying or wonky PSU's on pcs for ages and it usually takes 30-60 seconds till it clicks off.

Oct 25, 2018

my psu is like 3 years old I think. is there any real way to test my PSU tho ?

Oct 25, 2018

my psu is like 3 years old I think. is there any real way to test my PSU tho ?