Question Computer slow - Puzzled I should change C Drive

Aug 12, 2024
Hello. My computer gets slow after several hours of usage.
This is a bit weird but will try to explain.
Everything was fine for 3 years but progressively getting slow. Reached a point where this is so slow that I can't even do a copy and past or open a folder without waiting a few seconds.
First issue was copy from E: drive to C: Drive that was taking like 1 hour with sometimes 50 MB/s andf sometimes 0MB/s .... I checked disk and bought a new one cause it was very old. Things got better on that point.
Then after a few days the cmputer became slow again on almost everything. Open VLC + copy and paste files and I had to wait endlessly for opening a folder or an application.
I did a new windows setup. Everything was fine and fast for few weeks before coming back to slow speed :-(
I did a DDU driver display uninstall and setup again all AMD and CPU drivers. Everything went much much better.
But now it is going slow again :-(
Other things I did :
- Virus scan : nothing.
- Changed thermal paste.
- Check tempratures : I don't know what is normal HW utility provides plenty of things but 35 on mother board and 43 is the max on CPU.

Now I have a few question :
- Should I change my C MMV drive that could be corrupted ? It is an SSD one.
- How can I investigate the caise of that please ?

Configuration :
- ASrock B450 Steel legend
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600
- DDR4 Corsair 3200 x 2 on slots 2 and 4.
- AMD Radeon RX6600.
- I have one drive (NVME) for OS and 2 Seagate for data.

Any help much appreicated and thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
- I have one drive (NVME) for OS and 2 Seagate for data.
You might want to include the makes and models of your storage drives.

BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What OS are you working with? Make and model of your case and the temps for your hardware when the slowdowns happen? Speaking of temps, how are you cooling the processor?