Question Computer starting to not boot

Jan 3, 2021
The PSU that I've been alerted by another member of the forums was pretty old, still worked until yesterday, but after I restarted my computer, it failed to turn on. When I pressed the case button, the fans and motherboard RGB went to like for 1-5 seconds then stopped. Nothing was booting, so I could not get into safe mode, to see if it was windows. I believe it is the PSU because I am writing this on that pc the next day, but it took some attempts and a little to latch on to the point where it could stay on. If anyone can tell me if this is a hardware issue or software (Windows X) Issue that would be great. Thanks! The PSU I have is a corsair CX500

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How how is that Corsair 500 Watt PSU? New, used, heavy use for gaming?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, etc..

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors are a sign of a faltering/failing PSU.

You can do some limited testing on a PSU. However, you need a multi-meter and the knowledge to use it.

Or have a family member or friend who does.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Jan 3, 2021
I’m just going to reply to this, Corsair CX500 PSU, I would say fairly heavily used, no blue screens or errors, I could test the PSU, but would I be looking for the voltage it produces to see if it is starting to die, or something else? I’m using Windows 10

Dec 3, 2021
Hi!!! I have a problem. I was recently given a macbook and started using it a lot. I have a question. How do I take a screenshot on a macbook? I really need your advice.

Dec 3, 2021
Hi, ha ha it's very easy. I certainly can't explain it here, but I can advise you to visit this site. I myself, when I didn't know how to take a screenshot, I found this site. It explains in detail what snipping tool for mac is and how to make it. There is a lot of information there that is worth reading. I hope I helped you.

TRENDING THREADS