[SOLVED] Computer starts up then shuts off after 1 second

Dec 15, 2020
So a PC that I self built turns on for about a second and then shuts off. In that time all the case fans, cpu radiator fans, graphics card fans, LEDs (basically everything) powers on and then the PSU clicks and the whole thing shuts down. I’ve double checked everything is connected correctly but it’s still happening.

Specs:
CPU - i9-9900k
Cooler - Corsair H100x
Mobo - Gigabyte ga Z270p-D3
GPU - RTX 3090 FE
PSU - Corsair HX1000i
RAM - Corsair DDR4 2133 Mhz 8x4 gb
Case - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Solution
Do you have any way of retrieving a POST code? Also RAM problems could cause this same issue, so make sure the modules are intact, the pins are clean, and the channels don't have any bad pins or debris in them
I solved it it was just that the gpu fans only kick up when it gets to a certain temp and the case/radiator fans can be sped up in software so everything is good now. Crisis averted
Dec 15, 2020
Alright so I was doing some research and apparently the i9-9900k is incompatible so I threw my old i7-7700k in and it works for about 20-30 seconds before the fans on the 3090 shut off completely and the case fans look like they are barely spinning. Is this normal? Also I made sure to connect 2 separate PCIe cables to the 3090 12 pin adapter and my PSU is 1000 watts so it has more than enough power to run it.

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015
Alright so I was doing some research and apparently the i9-9900k is incompatible so I threw my old i7-7700k in and it works for about 20-30 seconds before the fans on the 3090 shut off completely and the case fans look like they are barely spinning. Is this normal? Also I made sure to connect 2 separate PCIe cables to the 3090 12 pin adapter and my PSU is 1000 watts so it has more than enough power to run it.
Do you have any way of retrieving a POST code? Also RAM problems could cause this same issue, so make sure the modules are intact, the pins are clean, and the channels don't have any bad pins or debris in them

Dec 15, 2020
I solved it it was just that the gpu fans only kick up when it gets to a certain temp and the case/radiator fans can be sped up in software so everything is good now. Crisis averted

Solution

TRENDING THREADS