[SOLVED] Computer Time wrong and Fast Startup not working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2889728

1) I was out of town for 3 days and when I came back home, my computer time was changed. I tried many online solutions but nothing worked (mentioned below). Changed the CMOS battery but the time is still wrong. The time stops after 1 hour of computer shutdown (I figured that out). I usually turn off computer at 12am, so in the morning it shows around 1am time.
example: I tried sync with windows time server, sfc /scannow, DISM commands, chkdsk etc. I don't want to reset Windows.

2) My computer doesn't shutdown when I click on "Shutdown" button in the start menu. Disabling "Fast-Startup" works. But I don't want to disable that feature because if makes my computer really slow.

PC Specs (Custom Build):
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte Radeon RX570 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 (GV-RX570GAMING-4GD)
Gigabyte A320M-S2H (rev. 1.0)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000 C16 x1
Western Digital 1TB HDD
Seagate ST3500312CS 500gb HDD
Corsair VS550 550W Active PFC 80 Plus Power Supply
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM

(Built in October - 2019)

English is not my first language. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So the time that changes is in the BIOS? not windows?

Check to see if you have latest BIOS on motherboard

updating drivers might fix the fast startup thing, as often that is cause if turning it off fixes problems.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

D

Deleted member 2889728

updating drivers might fix the fast startup thing, as often that is cause if turning it off fixes problems.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.
Ok working on it.

D

Deleted member 2889728

I didn't check time in BIOS. I click sync with windows time server every time I start computer.

Edit:
Here's screenshots: View: https://imgur.com/a/aFV7ytq

D

Deleted member 2889728

try updating chipset drivers = https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/a320 since you have a newer bios now
maybe update ryzen master as well

not sure what LPCfilter.sys is. Compal electronics. seems to relate to Toshiba ?
https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=LPCFilter.sys
its from 2015 so possible cause
Updating drivers didn't work. Turned off the computer for few hours and the issue remains same, the computer holds time for about 1 hour (it shows the time after 1 hour of shutdown). Checked the BIOS and it shows the same wrong time.

D

Deleted member 2889728

I checked the BIOS settings, there is no daylight saving setting. Now I have manually set the time in the BIOS. I have to wait until tomorrow to check if the BIOS time changes or not.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My other question is, I wonder if it loses a new hour everytime you shut it down, so if that doesn't work. next time don't change time and see if its 2 hours behind next start... I don't know what it proves, I am just curious.

D

Deleted member 2889728

My other question is, I wonder if it loses a new hour everytime you shut it down, so if that doesn't work. next time don't change time and see if its 2 hours behind next start... I don't know what it proves, I am just curious.
Um, it shows the time which is 1 hour after the shutdown. Lets say I turn off computer at 6pm and when I turn on computer after let's say 5 hours, it will show 7pm.
(Sorry for my english)

D

Deleted member 2889728

You still haven't upgraded to SSD?
Should have done this years ago. No modern pc should be without an SSD.
When I built my computer I didn't have knowledge of computers. I am planning to upgrade to SSD but not in the coming months. Because then I will have to reinstall all the software.

D

Deleted member 2889728

10 October, the issue remains the same. (No, I didn't keep my computer on for 3 days.)

More issues are occurring:
1) Windows doesn't install updates, shows "We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes". Uninstalled the updates but it didn't work. Only security updates are installed successfully.

2)Msconfig (system configuration) doesn't save safe boot mode, shows "System configuration cannot save the original for later restoration. Boot changes will be reverted. ", "BitLocker Drive Encryption cannot be used because critical BitLocker system files are missing or corrupted, Use Windows Startup Repair to restore these files to your computer."

3)Windows startup repair - shows "Startup Repair Couldn’t Repair Your PC".

D

Deleted member 2889728

Okay, if I shutdown the computer but leave the power on the time doesn't stop. I'll mark Colif's comment as an answer.

And the computer still doesn't shutdown when clicked on 'shutdown'.

Status
Not open for further replies.