[SOLVED] Computer turns on for a split second and then shuts off.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xray559

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
I've been having an issue where my PC turns on for a split second after pressing power button, and then quickly turns off. After it does that, I turn it on again and it boots into windows. The thing is, this happened before and caused a blue screen not too long after reinstalling windows after a first incident. And I fear that I'll get a blue screen again. The first time where a blue screen occurred was after canceling a PC restart after accidentally pressing the windows 10 "restart" button. After I got the blue screen, I reinstalled windows 10 with a repair drive and everything was fine cept my data lol. Few days after the reinstallation I've started to have the "Turn on for a split second and then turn off" issue. Help please?

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core CPU
Gtx 1060 6gb
8.00gb viper ram
A320M PRO-VH PLUS (MS-7B07)

Solution
C
Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS (MS-7B07)
BIOS: 3.90, 05/07/2018
Guess that bios is this one, "Version 7B07v39 Release Date 2018-05-08". Many new bios after that one so might be good to update it if not having problems when being in the bios.

Latest non betabios is "Version 7B07v3E Release Date 2019-01-23 " , but there is a beta bios "Version 7B07v3GS(Beta version) from 2019-12-04 " so pretty recent with quite alot of improvements. Would suggest to update to this one.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
C
Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS (MS-7B07)
BIOS: 3.90, 05/07/2018
Guess that bios is this one, "Version 7B07v39 Release Date 2018-05-08". Many new bios after that one so might be good to update it if not having problems when being in the bios.

Latest non betabios is "Version 7B07v3E Release Date 2019-01-23 " , but there is a beta bios "Version 7B07v3GS(Beta version) from 2019-12-04 " so pretty recent with quite alot of improvements. Would suggest to update to this one.

Solution
Yes, update to the latest BIOS as indicated by Vic 40, would be a good idea. Be sure to follow any special notes indicated on the BIOS update page regarding specific procedures you may have to follow if there are any.

If that doesn't help THEN we can worry about checking to see if the memory shows as being compatible or not. Probably it is, if you update the BIOS to a recent version.

xray559

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
Yes, update to the latest BIOS as indicated by Vic 40, would be a good idea. Be sure to follow any special notes indicated on the BIOS update page regarding specific procedures you may have to follow if there are any.

If that doesn't help THEN we can worry about checking to see if the memory shows as being compatible or not. Probably it is, if you update the BIOS to a recent version.
How do I update bios?