Sep 29, 2016
Currently i have
A320 mobo
CPU ryzen 1300x
Gpu Geforce 1060 3gb
8gb ram DDR4 2667mhz
2 HDD 1tb each no ssd drive
550w power supply

I am getting sttuters on games Like bf sw 2, cod ww2 terrible stutters, bf 1. Basicly medium to high settings but there is not much differnce even when i go on low setting stuttering is almost the same so i am guessing it s not Gpu where is the problem

What would be the best in my case to upgrade? I am thinking of additional ram so more 8gb.

Do you think it would be noticable diference, with additional ram?

CPU is another choice but i am not sure if CPU is bottleneck in my PC.

I am playing only at 1080p.

Thank you for answer

Solution
Those games use more than 8gb of system memory, so adding another stick will create less disk I/O by reducing the page file and your motherboard will be able to run in dual channel.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your PSU? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site? With the A320 chipset, I can't ask you to overclock on that platform.

I would've gone for a a B350 chipset board with DDR4-3200MHz and a GTX1060 6GB version instead of the 3GB version.

Erik_28

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
I do not want go for a new mobo which would lead to whole new build. Plese try to help me with what i currently have. I am thinking of another 8gb ram or new CPU ryzen 1600x but i am not sure if that would have any notticiable impact please advise

My psu is corsairv s550
Yes and all my drivers are up to date

Erik_28

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
IT has already been annouced or not?? Procesors are very weak but with very low tdp as well or it is someting else?

Also do you think it is enough to upgrade just CPU to ryzen 1600x or as well with 8gb ram or it is 16gb of ram overkill for my build?

You could wait. If you wanted. I think the announcement is supposed to be Wednesday maybe? They have said that the am4 socket should be supported until 2020.

However, I'm not sure what announcement you are thinking of, from what I've read, there's a lot of excitement over the ryzen 3000 series. You might check the support page for your motherboard to see what new bios versions are there. The notes with those may give you an idea what newer CPUs your board will take.

Since you are on an a320 board already, if you don't plan to upgrade the board, whatever cpu you get, I would plan to get the x model, just because they will probably have a little higher stock clock speed and probably a higher boost clock. All of that said, the ryzen 1600x is a decent CPU and should give good performance, just there may be better CPUs around the corner.

As far as ram, you can still get away with 8gb, but I think 16gb is getting to be the norm. I just upgraded my system to 16gb recently, and I can tell you on some games I'm using 9-10gb of ram.

Another thing I think holding you back a little is the gtx 1060 card. Since you've only got 3gb of vram, you might be maxing out the vram. To combat that, you could try turning back the graphics a little. So maybe play on medium or high instead of the max settings. Also, turn down or turn off some of the processing effects like AA, etc. That may help until you upgrade the graphics card.

Erik_28

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Thank you so far for answers and do you think CPU ryzen 1300x is good enough? Or it is bottleneck especiasly with 16gb of ram?

Well respecting that i am playing only at 1080p medium to high settings.

What would be better new CPU or new stick od 8gb ram.

Or only ram is enough for my build?

Erik_28

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Ok so a follow up guys another stick of ram definitly help me sw bf 2 no sttuters, bf 1 smooth as butter cod ww2 still Micro stuttwrs present but it is very playable much better than before.

Thank you so much for advices.

TRENDING THREADS