Computer will 'deselect' current window

BAaAGOAT

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hello Tom's Hardware Community!

Hi! My name is Ethan and I just bought a G810 Orion Keyboard. I'm very happy about my purchase but my keyboard seems to have a pretty big problem. It seems to deselect the current window I am in every ~40.1 seconds. I went to the support page and updated the firmware but that did not seem to help at all. 

For example, I opened a word document and used my phone as a stop watch. As I pressed start on my phone, I also held the 'A' key at the same time. Always around the 40 second mark, the top of the word document will go transparent as if I had alt+tab, when I really didn't, and begin making those unregistered key stroke noises (I was still holding down the 'A' key).

I've read other posts online that have this situation and some bring up the possibility that it could be another competing program. This does not seem to be my situation as it did not start until I got this keyboard.I also made sure to end all unnecessary processes and the problem still persists. If you guys can help as to what could be the problem or any insight at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this!

Sincerely,
​Ethan