[SOLVED] Computer will not turn on.

Dec 2, 2018
I recently installed a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, and power supply into my pc.

However, my pc won't turn on.

Things that I've checked:
-CPU is in correct way
-CPU has no bent pins
-CPU fan is connected
-24-pin connector from power supply to motherboard is in
-8-pin connector from power supply to motherboard is in
-Motherboard isn't dead, the GPU has a light that turns on when just plugged into the motherboard and not the power supply
-RAM installed correctly and in the right way
-I've tried just one stick of RAM in different slots
-Power switch is plugged into where it says "+PW-"
-I've tried plugging in the power switch both ways
-I replaced my old power supply with a new one (the one stated below)
-I tried replacing the original motherboard with 2 new ones, both not solving the issue (Both new Gigabyte motherboards, the current one im using is the one stated below)
-I tried jumpstarting the motherboard by connecting the two power pins with a screwdriver or a paperclip
-I've tried just having the essential things (Motherboard with both power connectors in, CPU, 1 stick of RAM, and power supply)
-All the parts are compatible

Things I'm unsure of:
- If my power switch only works with original motherboard as it was previously a prebuilt pc
- If there is something wrong with the CPU or RAM, I cannot install them onto the original motherboard as the original one needs DDR3 RAM and has a AM3 CPU slot, and my motherboard speaker can't beep on the new motherboard without the computer being turned on

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

Power Supply: CORSAIR CX-M Series CX650M

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 960 4GB

RAM: PATRIOT VIPER 3000mhz DDR4 2x8

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the power switch was made to only work with the original motherboard, as it still does, but does nothing when used on the new motherboards.

Any suggestions would be great, I've been working on this for a while and cannot figure out the problem.

Dave8671

Distinguished
So you cannot access the BIOS? If you can reset to defaults. Just for fun the power switch connector the + is the bottom and the top is - is that how its connected? I have two Gigabyte modo and this is always the same.

If all else fails than its either bad ram and or CPU.

Dec 2, 2018

I am unable to access BIOS, but I tried clearing the CMOS by shorting the two pins on the motherboard.

I have tried both ways for the power switch.

It may be bad RAM or CPU, but wouldn't the PSU fan turn on or the case would light up at least if it was the RAM or CPU?

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hmm yes it should be on and spinning. If the fan is not working it could be the PSU is not working normally. I would test the PSU with a tester see if its wattage is correct.

The correct postion for the power sw connection is top - bottom +.

Foes the power supply have its on switch next to the plug? 0 is off btw.

Dec 2, 2018

I know that the PSU is working because I tried it on my old motherboard and it works fine, fan turns on and everything. It also didn't work with another power supply that I had.

The power supply is set to 1 whenever I try to turn it on

I'm kind of hesitant to think this, but do you think it could be a faulty motherboard? I ordered a new motherboard before I got the one I have currently and I had this same issue, I doubt I got 2 faulty motherboards, but I guess it could be possible. However, My GPU has a light that turns on when plugged into just the motherboard and not the PSU (but the motherboard is plugged into the PSU) so I think that the motherboard is getting power.

https://imgur.com/gallery/lRFVUUp